May any person other than a licensed importer bring alcoholic beverages into this State?

Yes, under certain limited conditions. Any adult may bring into this State from without the United States up to 60 liters of alcoholic beverages when traveling by common carrier and when the beverages accompany the adult traveler. The beverages may not be shipped to this State at a later date. California adult residents returning from Mexico by motor vehicle or on foot may only bring in one liter of alcoholic beverages (the duty free amount) for personal or household use. Any adult may receive no more than two cases (9 liters each case) of wine per month from another state which affords California residents an equal reciprocal shipping privilege. (Sections 23661 and 23661.2)

Go Back

Need Help?

Call Us Today
(818) 345 - 2226