Are there any special restrictions for licensees who sell both alcoholic beverages and gasoline?
Yes. Outlets that sell both alcoholic beverages and gasoline must abide by these conditions:
- No beer or wine shall be displayed within five feet of the cash register or the front door unless it is in a permanently affixed cooler as of January 1, 1988.
- No advertisement of alcoholic beverages shall be displayed at motor fuel islands.
- No display or sale of beer or wine shall be made from a drive-in window.
- No display or sale of beer or wine shall be made from an ice tub.
- No beer or wine advertising shall be located on motor fuel islands and no self-illuminated advertising for beer or wine shall be located on buildings or windows.
- Employees on duty between the hours of 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. who sell beer or wine shall be at least 21 years of age. (Note: Non-selling employees are unregulated.) (Section 23790.5[d])