May any person protest the issuance of a Liquor License?

Need Help?

Call Us Today
(818) 345 - 2226

Yes. Any person may protest the issuance of a license. The protestant must file a written protest within 30 days of either the ABC posting date or the 61.4 resident mailing date, whichever is later.

If a retail license application has been protested and the Department has recommended approval of the license, ABC may issue an Interim Operating Permit upon the applicant's written request.

If an application is withdrawn because of a protest being filed, an applicant may not refile an application at the same premises for one year, and all protests remain valid for one year against any subsequent applications filed by other persons at the premises.
(Sections 24013, 24013.1, 24013.2, and 24014)